Re: DBMS_SHARED_POOL.KEEP Question

From: root <m.c.bruinsma_at_chello.nl>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 12:00:08 +0100

Niall Litchfield wrote:

> Is your sa account granted the dba role?
>
> --
> Niall Litchfield
> Oracle DBA
> Audit Commission UK
> "kush" <kdhakal_at_eline.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all, I am trying to use DBMS_SHARED_POOL.KEEP package to keep some of
> > pl/sql objects. for this I tried to run dbmspool.sql, but it gave me
> > follwing error
> > Package created.
> > Grant succeeded.
> > from dba_object_size
> > *
> > ERROR at line 4:
> > ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
> > Warning: Package Body created with compilation errors.
> >
> > After getting this, looked to me that package is created, I tried to use
> > DBMS_SHARED_POOL.KEEP but gave me this error
> > ERROR at line 1:
> > ORA-04068: existing state of packages has been discarded
> > ORA-04063: package body "SA.DBMS_SHARED_POOL" has errors
> > ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called
> > ORA-06512: at line 1
> >
> > Any ideas? do I need to run any other .sql before running dbmspool.sql, if
> > not why I was getting compilation error and what is the solution?
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > kush

Kush,

Make sure you run the script dmbspool.sql as SYS because this user has access to DBA_OBJECT_SIZE. It will run without a problem (I just tried). The script will also grant execute privileges to the execute_catalog_role. From there on you can grant execute privileges to any user you like.

Good luck,

Marc Received on Wed Dec 20 2000 - 05:00:08 CST