Re: oracle upper error

From: descmath <kevind_at_descmath.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 17:30:09 -0000

I am not sure what you mean by "". Do you mean the function is returning null, or is there some character stripped out the message? I was not able to replicate the error.

Personally, I don't like using a function to the right of the like operator. I would try to resolve the function and pass it a literal if possible. That is I would rather see:

WHERE upper(USR_SURNAME) like '%V%'

than

WHERE upper(USR_SURNAME) like upper('%v%')