Re: How to move Tablespace / Database ??

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 17:59:45 +0100

"Nijntje" <NO_SPAMavanrossem_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:91nq00$g9a$1_at_nereid.worldonline.nl...

> > In article <91nclk$94v$1_at_nereid.worldonline.nl>,
> > "Nijntje" <NO_SPAMavanrossem_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > I have bought a new Harddisc. (letter D) Now, I want to move my
 database to
> > > this disc. How to do
> > >
> > > Thanks all :-)
> > >
> > > Andre
> > >

> <steveee_ca_at_my-deja.com> schreef in berichtnieuws
> 91nlhn$mms$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> > Hi Andre,
> >
> > What about export? Will that work for you?
> >
> > Steve
> >

> Yes, that is possible, but i was wondering if I could simply say to oracle
> "Use drive D instead of C" ...

Startup svrmgr.
Now issue the command
alter database backup controlfile to trace. A file with a create controlfile command will appear in your user_dump_dest directory.
Edit the file
Shut down the database.
Copy your files
Run the script above using svrmgr.

This should be all there is to it.
Using export, Lol

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Tue Dec 19 2000 - 10:59:45 CST