Re: JDBC Java -> Oracle connection problem ...

From: <cwang9_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 05:34:34 GMT

I had similar connect problem for jdbc-->Oracle8i/Linux. I could not pass the compiler ... My error is like:

jdbc10.java:11: cannot resolve symbol
symbol : class OracleDriver
location: package driver
DriverManager.registerDriver(new oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver());

                                                   ^
1 error

It could not create an OracleDriver ... Why is that ??

Jack

In article <90m3r5$nov$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   DriftWood <drift_wood_at_my-deja.com> wrote:
> DriverManager.registerDriver(new oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver());
> conn = DriverManager.getConnection
> ("jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:port:SID",user,password);
>
> If you now have two instances, you need to use the correct SID (and
> Port if there is more than one listener).
>
> If this isn't working, what errors are you seeing?
>
> --
> -cheers
> DW
> "It is a kind of good deed to say well; and yet words are not deeds.
> -William Shakespeare"
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com