Installation of 8.1.6 under Solaris x86 8.0

From: Mark Riehl <mriehl_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 20:49:38 GMT

All,

During the install, I need to select Enterprise Edition, Management Infrastructure, or the Client. I'm planning on using the development tools.

In the past, I've been able to use mSQL or MySQL and the server ran as a daemon in the background, and I could get to the server from the same box or from another box.

Question - if I install the client option, can I/will I have a database server running on the same box? Or, will I need to install a server on another physical box?

Thanks,
Mark Received on Mon Dec 18 2000 - 14:49:38 CST