Re: Exporting Oracle Reports to File

From: Alex Filonov <afilonov_at_pro-ns.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 23:13:09 GMT

File output is in the format of printer. For example, if you have a postscript printer, the output file will be in postscript. Same for PCL. You can have text output if you run the report in character mode. You can't do it from designer, you have to run it in batch mode:

rwrun60 module=<yourreport>.rdf userid=<username/password> mode=character paramform=no batch=yes destype=file desname=<yourfile> desformat=dflt

In this case desformat references one of .prt files in $ORACLE_HOME/reports60/admin/printer.

Post reply if you have more questions on that.

In article <91leju$s5v$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   James Alexander Starritt <james_at_jamesstarritt.com> wrote:
> When I run reports in Oracle the dialog box that asks if the report is
> intended for Screen, Printer, File and so on.... I'm not sure what
> format the output is in and how I access it .... anybody got a clue for
> a newbie to Oracle Developer ??
>
> --
>
> James Alexander Starritt (james_at_jamesstarritt)
> Your not really reading this post, its an angle
>
> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Mon Dec 18 2000 - 17:13:09 CST