Re: Can't connect to Oracle using MSDAORA OLE DB provider

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 09:49:10 -0000

I',m afraid that I can't really give you a much more helpful answer than reinstall the OS then install MDAC 2.6 which is I guess not what you want to hear. However given that all the oracle components work correctly, but MS supplied components ODBC and MSDAora don't I'd suggest you try reposting to a microsoft.public.* newsgroup.

regards

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA

"Syarzhuk" <bamboo7431_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Walter T Rejuney <BlueSax_at_Unforgetable.com> wrote:
> >You said that you had to reinstall everything from scratch. Does that
mean you also reinstalled the mdac?

> Yes. As I said, we can connect using Oracle OLE DB provider, but for some
> reason MSDAORA cannot be initialized
>
> >If not, give that a try because that is where the MSDAORA provider is
installed.

> Understood. MDAC is installed. MSDAORA is installed (C:\Program
Files\Common
> Files\System\ole db\msdaora.dll)
>
> Originally we had 2.5 installed. Then we decided to try to go back to 2.1
>
> >As far as I have ever heard, it is not possible to back out of an MDAC
upgrade to go to a previous version
> >since the installer will simply report success even though it doesn't do
any work because it will not overwrite