Re: Parallel servers on normal queries

From: Barbara Kennedy <barbken_at_teleport.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 07:21:48 -0800

It might slow things down; it depends. What is slow, why, and much are very important questions. Just throwing software and hardware at the problem does not ensure you will get a positive result. For example, you don't mention your drive configuration. Drive configuration (how many, what type of striping -RAID 5, 0+1, a single disk) determines throughput. This may be the limiting factor by far. Also what are the queries? Are you using bind variables, what version of Oracle, have you analyzed your tables and indexes, what is the explain plan on the longest running queries. You need more information before a reasonable solution can be proposed. Jim