Intelligent Agent problem

From: wayne <pdxbq_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 17:07:16 GMT

I try to start up the intelligent agent (IA) 8.1.6 on a NT machine and get the error: the media is write protected. Here is what I did:
1) I logged in as NT administrator
2) verify that oracleora816agent is not running by

  1. looking at the control pane, services,.....
  2. using net start command at the os prompt
  3. try to start the IA with "net start oracleora816agent" command
  4. I got the above mentioned error message.
  5. I suspect that this is related to the preferred credential which oem21 uses to run the jobs on that node. So I set up the perferred credential in the OEM for that node using "administrator" (it is not good idea but I just want to assign enough priviliges for the moment)
  6. I try to start the IA and get the same error message.

Could someone advise me how to specify the OS user which an IA will use? Is this set in the OEM or there is some other places in the IA I need to configure?

Thnaks in advance

wayne Received on Sat Dec 16 2000 - 11:07:16 CST