Downloading Oracle from TechNet

From: B.J. Brogan <broganREMOVEME_at_cadvision.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 08:42:31 -0700

I am a member of TechNet (although I do not subscribe to a Technology Track,) and have been trying to download 8i Server. Unfortunately the zips come through corrupted (either downloaded as one file or in parts.) I am using a cable connection, and have had no problem performing large downloads from other sites.

I see it is possible to get a CD pack from Oracle Store, but this is only available in the U.S. (not in Canada, for some reason.) Also, I note the license agreement on the store explicitly states it is valid for only 30 days. Perhaps there is a difference between the "trial" version CD pack and the "Developer" version CD pack?

Assuming I can get the CD pack up here locally, is this 30-day license something I should concern myself with? Thirty days seems a might short to evaluate something like Oracle Server, let alone do any real development testing. Is there a license file which enforces this limit, or will the software continue to operate beyond the 30-day period?

The Oracle site seems to contain many such contradictory (or at least ambiguous and conflicting) references. I'm beginning to think I need a lawyer to sift through it all :-(

Tx.

B.J. (Bryce) Brogan
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Two rights do not make a wrong.
They make an airplane. Received on Fri Dec 15 2000 - 09:42:31 CST