sp and data convertion

From: Lee J. <ljeznach_at_csi.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 22:42:46 GMT

Hello,
I have one procedure

PROCEDURE SP_TEST(RECORD_SET OUT CURSOR_TYPE, MYPARAM VARCHAR2)   AS ...
MYPARAM can hold as many characters as VARCHAR2 data type allows in the format '1,2,3,22,500'
I would like to use it in my query where e.g. SELECT * FROM ... WHERE id IN (MYPARAM)
Of course, it will not work because my parameter is of VARCAR2 type. As fare, as I know there is no function that would convert my parameter to anything that would work with my query.
If any of you guys has any idea how to make it working then I v. appreciate your help.
Thanks. Received on Thu Dec 14 2000 - 16:42:46 CST