Re: Using the & in a string

From: <steveee_ca_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 14:41:25 GMT

Hi,

I can't see your actual SQL so I can't give you the exact syntax, but what you can look at is using an ESCAPE character..the ampersand has special meaning to Oracle..use ESCAPE to tell it that you want it treated as a literal..

Hope this helps,

Steve

In article <9195q7$ikq$03$1_at_news.t-online.com>,   "Stefan Rudolph-Klindtwort" <StefanRudolph-Klindtwort_at_t-online.de> wrote:
> Try SET DEFINE OFF
> Hope that helps.
>
> "Bill Hutchison" <billh_at_gci.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > I'm trying to include an ampersand within a string in a sql script,
 and
 I'm
> > being prompted to enter the value of Safety when I run it.
> >
> > The string looks like
> > 'Plant Health & Safety Check List'
> >
> > How can I make it recognize the entire string?
> >
> > Thanks for your help!

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Thu Dec 14 2000 - 08:41:25 CST