Oracle 8.1.7 Setup does not run

From: <scott.boston_at_sbti.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 16:23:12 GMT

I just brought a brand new computer running Windows2000, I downloaded the Oracle 8.1.7 Enterprise Edition from technet.oracle.com, I have also, tried an Oracle 8.1.6 SE CD from work. When I execute the autorun, the screen pops up to install products, but when I click Install/De-install products nothing happens. I have also, tried running the setup from the root level on the disk and going all the way down into disk1/install/win32.

Each time what I have noticed is that the jrew starts running then dies. I have cleared out my CLASSPATH. What else should I try? I looked on MetaLink and tried different options dealing with the OraInstall directory, but this directory is delete when the jrew dies.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

E-mail replies appreciated.

--Scott
scott.boston_at_sbti.com