Re: number and varchar

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 06:39:25 +0100

If it is a varchar (which you shouldn't use, use varchar2 instead) you need to enclose it in single quotes.
Right now apparently there is implicit conversion to number, which means the leading zeros are dropped.
The definition of the table in the other schema simply *must* be different. You should always write your statements in such a way *implicit* conversion is avoided.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA