Re: Oracle8i Client / Win 95 compatibility

From: <ves51_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 22:17:35 GMT

Finally tracked the problem down in the debugger...it's not related to Oracle after all. The bug was introduced when we internationalized a string library using UTF-8 and did some character conversions back and forth to support non-Western languages. The code behaved differently than expected on Windows 95 compared to NT 4.0, causing an endless loop in a section that was handling an SQL query string.

Thanks for responding, Cliff. Sorry about the false alarm!

--Vic

> > In article <l_AX5.135788$hD4.33569620_at_news1.rdc1.mi.home.com>,
> > "Cliff Dabrowski" <cliffdw_at_my-deja.com> wrote:
> > > What specifically are the problems you are encountering?
> >
> > There are two Windows applications we've compiled under Windows NT
 4.0
> > with Oracle 8.1.6 and are having problems running under Windows 95
> > ORS2; one connects to the database but hangs, and the other dies.
> > Neither reports an Oracle error.
> >
> > > <ves51_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message news:90mjs1$6e4
 $1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com