Help!! How to remove new line Character from spooled output??

From: Head_Cheese_mmmm <head_cheese_mmmm_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 14:12:58 GMT

I am having a hell of a time getting SQL+ to drop the new line Character from my spool file. I can't see the Character in vi but it is there because my script output is 8k but the file size is 9k. The script I have written is simple it just calculates the last EOM from dual and writes that to a spool file. Several days later a UNIX batch file wakes up to read tha date and process the EOM Data, the problem is that it expects 8k not 9k. Here is the script:

SET TRIMS ON
SET PAGESIZE 0
SET EMBEDDED OFF
SET HEADS OFF
SET NEWP NONE
SET HEADING OFF
SET ECHO OFF
SET FEEDBACK OFF
SET LIN 8
SET SPACE 0
SET RECSEP OFF SPOOL $DATA_DIR/sysctl.asc
  SELECT TO_CHAR(LAST_DAY(ADD_MONTHS(SYSDATE,-1)),'YYYYMMDD') FROM DUAL /
SPOOL OFF EXIT How do I get rid of the 1k new line Character?????

What I don't understand is the "SET PAGESIZE 0" should "supress all headings, pagebreaks,titles,the initial blank line,and other formatting information ." according to the SQL+ manaual. The O/S is Sun 2.6 and the Oracle is 8.01 if it matters.....

TIA Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Dec 12 2000 - 08:12:58 CST