Re: How Do I Schedule An SQL Query To Take Place On A Daily Basis?

From: <ras117_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 14:11:37 GMT

In article <910ti4$2j6l5$1_at_ID-62141.news.dfncis.de>,   "Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:
> Two solutions
> 1 write a pl/sql procedure which either uses dbms_output or utl_file.
 Submit
> this procedure with the dbms_job package. Your init.ora parameter
> job_queue_processes has to be set for this.
> 2 write a sqlplus script and use the at-command (NT) or crontab (Unix) to
> submit the script.
>
> Hth,
>
> Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA
>
> "Matt Connors" <connorsm_at_bellatlantic.net> wrote in message
> > Is there an easy way to have an SQL query executed on a daily basis, say
> > 1:00 am each night?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > --
> > Matt Connors
> > 703-892-0790
> > Matt_at_ConnorsOfCourse.com

Hey I'm setting off a procedure to run midnight with the following. However I am not sure if this would work.

VARIABLE V_JOBNUM NUMBER;
BEGIN
DBMS_JOB.SUBMIT(:V_JOBNUM,'UPDATEMAILDROP;',ROUND(SYSDATE),'SYSDATE+1'); COMMIT;
END; Where the procedure name is updatemaildrop, the first time the procedure should start is at midnight today. I am not too sure if it will do it again at midnight the next day 'though.

Comment welcome.

Thanks

Raihan Sarker

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Dec 12 2000 - 08:11:37 CST