Re: Sysdba privileges

From: Chmielewski Jacek <jacekch_at_mail.atr.bydgoszcz.pl>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 09:26:51 -0000

This is the result of select * from v$pwfile_users statment:

USERNAME

SYSDBA SYSOPER
--------------- ---------------
INTERNAL
TRUE TRUE SYS
TRUE TRUE It seems my sys operator has sysdba, and remote_login_password_file is set do exclusive.
But I cannot login as sysdba using sys/change_on_install.

> There shouldn't be any problem in connecting as SYSOPER. The only
 difference
> is a SYSDBA has the privilege to create a database.

If I am not sysdba I cannot export or import database, and that is what I need.
Best regards from Poland
Jacek

U¿ytkownik Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> w wiadomo¶ci do grup dyskusyjnych napisa³:910b4m$2i81r$1_at_ID-62141.news.dfncis.de...
> An incorrect answer provided to you...
>
> Which accounts have sysdba (and sysoper privilege) depends on the value of
> the parameter remote_login_password_file.
> none means only internal has sysdba
> shared means internal and sys have sysdba
> exclusive means any user can get sysdba provided it is granted to him.
> You can verify which users are enabled for SYSDBA in your current
> installation by connect as normal
> and issue select * from v$pwfile_users (in Personal Oracle 8.1.5 this
 seems
> to result in ora-600, but normally it works).
> There shouldn't be any problem in connecting as SYSOPER. The only
 difference
> is a SYSDBA has the privilege to create a database.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA
>

> "Chmielewski Jacek" <jacekch_at_mail.atr.bydgoszcz.pl> wrote in message
> > OK, I have started Oracle DBO studio in stand alone mode - user
 SYS/password