Re: upgrade from oracle 7.2.2 to Oracle 8i

From: <srana5190_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 17:05:09 GMT

Thanks for your reply, question regarding export and import

 If I export from version 7.2.2 can I import into Oracle 8i using the same dump file i exported by version 7.2.2( Or should I need to run any script for the version compatibility before importing them into 8i)?

Your reply would be highly appreciable

Thanks
Sohail

In article <3A2F9216.1EE3EC7F_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>,   Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov> wrote:
> If you are going from 7 to 8i and at the same time you will be
 switching
> from a Unix platform to a NT platform, then I'd suggest using
> export/import to perform your migration. This will let you migrate and
> switch platforms in one step. The Oracle Migration Guide on Technet
 has
> all the information you'll need for this operation. I suggest that you
> read it before you begin.
>
> > This is a very detailed question..basically you migrate to 8 then
> > upgrade to 8i..there are parameters that change or disappear in the
>
> You do not need to go to Oracle 8 before you upgrade to 8i. You can
> migrate directly from Oracle 7 to Oracle 8i.
>
> HTH,
> Brian

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Dec 11 2000 - 11:05:09 CST