Oracle 8i on Windows NT

From: <till.ruessmann_at_number-two.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 14:57:20 GMT

All,

I installed Oracle 8i under NT 4.0. Halfway through the installation it turned oyut that I had a memory problem which prevented the installation from completing successfully. I got more memory, and wanted to continue the installation. Oracle Installer said evertything was fine and no further insatllation was required. However I wanted to restart the installation and selected the de-installation option. Nothing was removed. I then got a bit frustrated and deleted the whole Oracle directory. I removed all entries (well, the ones I could identify) from the NT registry. When invoking Oracle Installer it did report No Components installed, but when I then tried to install Oracle 8i with the installer, it died on me. When I re-invoked the installer it reported all components installed but the Oracle directory is completely empty.

How do I get Oracle removed?

--
                         --- Till Ruessmann ---

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/