Re: how to login...

From: <steveee_ca_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 16:39:09 GMT

Hi Andy,

By default Oracle is created with at least 2 users..personal oracle has three..

1. Username - system with password of 'manager'
2. Username - sys with password of 'change_on_install'
3. username scott with password of 'tiger'.

You can login as SYSTEM/MANAGER for instance and then use the CREATE USER command to set up a new user..remember to assign tablespaces for default and temporary work, and to grant privileges to the new user so he can connect and function.

Once you're in, try connecting as the other users and perhaps SELECT TABLE_NAME FROM USER_TABLES; to see what you've got in there..

Hope this gets you started.

Good luck,

Steve

In article <3a33ac44.62565984_at_news1.qc.sympatico.ca>,   dsa_at_dsa.com (dsa) wrote:
> Please don't laught at me i'm a newbie! I had a course on Oracle at
> school and we were using SQL plus to practice queries on a demo
> database. It was tiltled customer database demo I think. Now i'm
> using 8i personnal edition and i'm trying to login with that and it
> does not work! I searched the internet and all they seem to say is
> see your administrator for a user name and login! I would really
> appreciate some explanations on the what to use as a login and how I
> can create my own db with my login and pass!
>
> Thanks alot! :) Andy

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sun Dec 10 2000 - 10:39:09 CST