Oracle8.1.7 on NT-Problems

From: Sigurd Eckermann <Sigurd.Eckermann_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 17:58:53 +0100

hallo,

now I was able to install a basic working system. But some things are not clear or dont work.

I used the utility Oracle DBA Studio (Enterprice Manager). It runs and I can see the database.
Now I tried to backup the database by right mouse click on the dbf-file an choose backup.
He said: The Oracle Management Server (OMS) is not running ... How can I connect to it and start this Application to backup my database file ?
Which files should I backup ? There are 7 *.dbf and one *.ora files. If I want to backup this database and then install this database on a different system, is this possible or need I other programms to do this ?

Configuration of the ODBC-Connection was ok, it worked with the ODBC-Testprogramm.
How can I easiely test the odbc-connection with ASP or something like that ? How should the connection string look like ?

Thx
Sigurd Eckermann Received on Sun Dec 10 2000 - 10:58:53 CST