Thanks but an error:ORA-12560

From: dsa <dsa_at_dsa.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 18:41:12 GMT

the original message was: Please don't laught at me i'm a newbie! I had a course on Oracle at school and we were using SQL plus to practice queries on a demo database. It was tiltled customer database demo I think. Now i'm using 8i personnal edition and i'm trying to login with that and it does not work! I searched the internet and all they seem to say is see your administrator for a user name and login! I would really appreciate some explanations on the what to use as a login and how I can create my own db with my login and pass!

Thanks alot! :) Andy

Unfortunatly, I get always that error: ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error

what am I doing wrong???

   thanx in advance! Received on Sun Dec 10 2000 - 12:41:12 CST