Re: Does Decode work in a REF CURSOR?

From: Alexander Medvedev <a.medvedev_at_globalone.ru>
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2000 11:29:17 +0300

Hi Sean,

You may use negative value of TICKET.TKT_ID in asc order by mode to provide desc one.
For example, a sort of

ORDER BY  decode(v_OrderBy,     'A', TICKET.TKT_ID, null),
          decode(v_OrderBy,     'D', -TICKET.TKT_ID, null);

I dont know exactly both datatype and contents of TICKET.TKT_ID column, so in example I have assumed it as number.

I hope this idea may solve your problem regardless of other questions.

Regards Alexander Medvedev