Any Body Know Database named "Cache"

From: <faheemrao_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2000 14:58:24 GMT

If any body have the Ides of the Object oriented database Cache

if you do
then I have some question to ask

qes 1
That what happen that if a record in derieved table is insert ,updated or deleted, what affect would be on the base table.

One thing I know that if the derived table is of not %persistence class then it would not be directly updated, but what happen that if the the derived table is of %persistence, in that case what would be the affect on the base tables.
and what affect would be on derieved tables if records in the base table are inserted , updated or deleted

qes 2

in cache what is meaning of the operator " =* " ??

this operator is in a where clasuses of select query like

select * form table_name

where field_ =* field_2

qes 3

what is different in "distinct" clauses and "distinct by" clauses in a select query.
I know the distinct clause but no idea of "dinstinct by" clauses.

If any body can answer any or all the questions ???

that would help alot to me .

thanks in advance

Faheem Rao

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Dec 09 2000 - 08:58:24 CST