Re: importing dmp on different tablespace

From: <faheemrao_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2000 14:24:16 GMT

Hi ,Niall

Thanks a lot for your suggestion,
I will try your trick.:))

But I have one more question that. If your are going to import the dmp file in a database where there is no AA_T tablespace then , the import utility will going to import the dmp file into the default tablespace of the to_user,
At that time oracle should give an error that tablespace AA_T not found. but it does not. SO why oracle is not intelligent enough that if we want to import that dmp file into the same database in another user that have no quota on tablespace AA_T, then oracle gives an error that no quota, on tablespace AA_T.
I know that before importing the dmp import utility checks that tablespace AA_T exists or not, then it proceeds. But Actually Oracle should also checks that either the to_user have any quota on tablespace AA_T or not , if not then it should import the data in the default tablespace of the to_user.

what do you say about this??

any body else have the answer of this ???

Thanks

Faheem Rao

> > I have two schemas
> > Schema AA default tablespace AA_T
> > Schema BB default tablespace System ,no qauota on AA_T
> >
> > both exist on same database
> > I am trying to import the dump of AA schema into the schema BB.
> >
> > but when I try to do that oracle gives me errot that no privilige on
> >
> > tabelspace AA_T
> >
> > now when I grant priviliges to schema BB on AA_T then it import the
> > data on the tablespace AA_T .
> > I want to import that schema on system tableapce or any other than
 AA_T

> > I am struc here.
> >
> > any help would be very appreciated.
> >
> > thanks in advanc
> >

> > Faheem Rao
> >

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Dec 09 2000 - 08:24:16 CST