Re: importing dmp on different tablespace

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 13:19:00 -0000

hi

The import utility can be thought of as running creation scripts for each database object that is imported. Therefore it will effectively be running

create table foo(bar varchar2(20)) tablespace AA_T storage (whatever the storage clause was) on import. Hence your errors. The simple solution. Pre run your table creation scripts to create empty tables under schema b. THEN run the import with ignore=y. This will populate your tables correctly.

You do NOT want to create these tables in the system tablespace. They should go elsewhere.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA