Re: basic browsing commands for oracle...

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 08:50:56 +0100

Sorry to say so, but evidently you think you can learn Oracle without reading manuals. That, however, is not true. Try reading the Getting started Manual and the Oracle Concepts Manual. Buy Oracle the complete reference. Ok, I admit it weighs a few lbs, but it will you show Oracle is much more than mysql. Mysql even doesn't support row level locking.
Btw Oracle doesn't have databases like sqlserver and mysql. Oracle has schemas.
Maybe you should just start out by working with the scott schema (password tiger) in order to get more familiar with Oracle.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA