Re: Moving objects to different tablespaces

From: <rspeaker_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 17:55:15 GMT

depends on your version. Prior to Oracle 8i you had 2 basic options:

(1) export the tables, drop & recreate in the new TS, then import.

     The nice part to this is your constraints are automatically
     rebuilt for you during the import.

(2) rename the table, recreate in the new TS, insert the data from
     the temp table into the new table, rebuild your constraints,
     then drop your temp table.

In Oracle 8i you have the 'alter table ..... move' command which foregoes the need for the temporary table. It also allows you to specify new storage parameters if you wish.

In either version the index is handled the same way --

   alter index <indexname> rebuild
and you can add storage parameters as needed.

HTH,
Roy

In article
<1DAD75C12DB15533.945995503EF366D1.3F4BDFCD2E5D4799_at_lp.airnews.net>,   allenh_at_starbase.neosoft.com (Allen) wrote:

> I want to reorganize my tables and indexes and put them in different
> tablespaces. What is the easiest way to do this?
>
> thx.. Allen

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Dec 08 2000 - 11:55:15 CST