Solaris 8 and Oracle 8i Release 2.

From: Walter T Rejuney <BlueSax_at_Unforgetable.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 12:50:25 -0500

I am about to start a project which will involve 32-bit Solaris 8 and Oracle 8i Release 2. Until now I have only worked with Solaris 7 and 6. Has anyone actually worked with the Solaris 8/Oracle 8i Release 2 combination? Are there any "gotcha's" that I should be aware of? How is the performance (I'll be on an E450 with 512M)?

I will, of course, check the Oracle web site for patches, but am mostly looking for input from other DBAs who already have experience with this configuration.

I also don't know much about Solaris 8 yet. What are its chief differences from Solaris 7 as regards Oracle? Received on Thu Dec 07 2000 - 11:50:25 CST