Re: upgrade from oracle 7.2.2 to Oracle 8i

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 13:35:18 GMT

If you are going from 7 to 8i and at the same time you will be switching from a Unix platform to a NT platform, then I'd suggest using export/import to perform your migration. This will let you migrate and switch platforms in one step. The Oracle Migration Guide on Technet has all the information you'll need for this operation. I suggest that you read it before you begin.

> This is a very detailed question..basically you migrate to 8 then
> upgrade to 8i..there are parameters that change or disappear in the

You do not need to go to Oracle 8 before you upgrade to 8i. You can migrate directly from Oracle 7 to Oracle 8i.

HTH,
Brian Received on Thu Dec 07 2000 - 07:35:18 CST