Re: create an instance

From: <faheemrao_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 08:07:30 GMT

you can use the create instence script provided by cheers , but a simpler way is that you can run the dbassist script which will create apredefine database and an instance, thought you haev to make an osgroup and an os user belongiong to that group and then run the dbassist script.

Faheem Rao

In article <3A2EC6C8.7921D19C_at_jvogel.ch>,   Johannes Vogel <email_at_jvogel.ch> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've installed Oracle 8.1.5 on linux. But there is now instance on
 this
> server. How can I create an instance? I want only use sqlplus/svrmgrl
> and unix commands.
>
> I know much about oracle and how it works, but for creating an new
> instance, I had a script in my last company. Now, without this
 script, I
> have no idea where to start...
>
> Thanks a lot, Johannes

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Dec 07 2000 - 02:07:30 CST