alter database national character set utf8; ---> ora-12712

From: Rene Nyffenegger <renenyffenegger_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 07:18:22 GMT

Hi

I tried to alter the national character set of an oracle instance by issuing

alter database national character set utf8;

but failed. Oracle says: ORA-12712 Der Zeichensatz muss eine Obermenge des alten Zeichensatzes sein. (which translates to something like the new characterset must be a superset of the old one)

Inteterstingly enough, I get the very same error message if I try to use a totally ridicolous character set as in

alter database national character set blablabla;

Who can help me?

TIA Rene

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Dec 07 2000 - 01:18:22 CST