Oracle 8.1.6 and Linux Mandrake 7.1 = is it possible?

From: Victor Kaminsky <pleasenospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 06:17:00 GMT

Hi,

I am trying to install Oracle 8.1.6 on a Linux Mandrake 7.1 distribution and I am receiving a message like "ip host" not found. Does anyone know what's happening?

The IP address of the machine is OK, I can see other IPs on my network as well as other can ping my machine.

When the installating gets to the finish, I have a Java Null Pointer Exception and the database creation hangs.

I am not a Linux expert, so that I don't know how to check what glibc is running.

Thanks in advance, Received on Thu Dec 07 2000 - 00:17:00 CST