Re: upgrade from oracle 7.2.2 to Oracle 8i

From: <srana5190_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 17:54:35 GMT

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your prompt reply. If you could guide me the process like what is the best way to migrate and what should be done first operating system first and then upgrade for newer version? Your expert advise would be higly appreaciated

Thanks
Sohail

In article <90llp8$aq6$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   steveee_ca_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is a very detailed question..basically you migrate to 8 then
> upgrade to 8i..there are parameters that change or disappear in the
> parameter file, changes to be aware of with ROWIDs,the data
 dictionary.
> Also at least three migration tools I know of (Migration Utility,
> Import/Export, Table copy)..
>
> I'd recommend checking out the documentation on this..oracle technet.
>
> It's a pretty involved question to answer here, at least in my humble
> opinion.
>
> Best luck,
> Steve
>
> In article <90lim1$81c$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> srana5190_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > We have one AIX Box containing Oracle database version 7.2.2. We
 need
> > to migrate from version 7.2.2 to Oracle 8i in NT machine.
> >
> > What would be the proper way to migrate from AIX box to NT machine
 and
> > upgraded into oracle 8i.
> >
> > Your valueable suggession would be highly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Sohail
> >
> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.
> >

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Dec 06 2000 - 11:54:35 CST