Re: Using Access to View Oracle Data

From: Klaus Zeuch <KZeuch_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 22:57:47 +0100

With linked tables it's easy to export data from Oracle to Access: Create a query in Access (sql view or assistant for table creating queries [please excuse: I only have a german version of Access97 and don't know the english captions for these menu-commands]):

Select column1,....,columnn INTO name_of_not_existing_access_table FROM name_of_the_linked_oracle_table;

Execute the query and the access-table should be created and filled. Writing back to the oracle-table can be done with an insert-query in Access:

insert into name_of_the_linked_oracle_table select * from name_of_generated_access_table;

(of course: if that doesn't violate constraints and the user has the privileges required).

Klaus