Re: Function Based Indexes???

From: Paul J <pjeromel_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 09:39:58 +1030

OK, I have gotten the function based indexes up and running. I have five on the one table.

If I have a simple query that uses one of these indexes, then it runs fine. Especially if I run it straight after creating the indexes.

If I then analyze the table, computing the statistics, then running the same query (modified to test each of the indexes) reveals that some of the indexes are not being used, when previously they were.

Also, if I create the indexes, run the query to test all of the indexes, and then go and do some other queries for about 5-10 minutes, and then come back and run the query to test the indexes again, it reveals that some of the indexes are not being used when previously they were....

Any suggestions???