Re: Problem moving large table to new server 8.1.6

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 00:03:24 +0100

The problem is the size and/or number of your online redo log files. Check your alert log and you will definitely see 'Checkpoint not complete' messages.
You need to enlarge them and/or add more You can only do this by dropping the current ones one for one (alter database drop logfile group <n>)
and adding bigger (alter database add logfile group <n> ('<filename1>','<filename2>') size (at least) 5 M.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA