Home -> Community -> Usenet -> c.d.o.tools -> Problem with OEM and row based trigger firing on update of columns not intended in the timing clause of the trigger?

Problem with OEM and row based trigger firing on update of columns not intended in the timing clause of the trigger?

From: <bdeneaud_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 18:40:20 GMT

I have written several row based triggers that reference only column in the timing clause (i.e. after update of approved_date ...) they compile fine and run fine. Then when I view and or modify them in OEM the columns referenced in the timing clause include a bunch of columns from that table that I never referenced in the trigger initially (i.e. after update of approved_date, qc_round, run, qc_data, etc ...). Its is as if OEM has re-written my trigger to include more columns than I specified. These columns are those referenced in the trigger body as OLD.column_name or NEW.column_name.
Then the problem starts when those other columns are updated and the trigger fires and of course I only want it to fire when that one column that I originally specified is updated.
Is this a problem with OEM, how I use OEM, or am I not understanding something inportant about triggers???

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Dec 05 2000 - 12:40:20 CST