Re: Help Urgent

From: Mark D Powell <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 14:42:27 GMT

In article <t2o3f230gobfd1_at_corp.supernews.com>,   "Andrew Rosen" <arosen_at_pacificnet.net> wrote:
> Getting the following when trying to index a 375MB table.
>
> ORA-27052: unable to flush file data
> SVR4 Error: 11: Resource temporarily unavailable
>
> Any ideas???

The Oracle error message 27052 indicates that an OS level error occurred.

seqdev 13 % oerr ora 27052
27052, 00000, "unable to flush file data"

// *Cause:  fsync system call returned error, additional information
//          indicates which function encountered the error
// *Action: check errno

I would check the alert log to be sure no unable to extend errors occurred in the temporary or target tablespaces and for any other logged indication of system errors.

Next I would look for any trace files created by the error and check to see if they contained anything useful.

I would check my temporary space parameters to verify that the maxextents, extent sizes, and pctincrease are set such that one session can get 375M without a problem.

Then I would check the object storage parameters to be sure they support the object rebuild operation. (Such as the extent being set to 1024K instead of 10240k)

Next I would check with my System Administrator to have them check the Unix logs to see if there is an OS level problem that needs attention or to find out if they were doing something that affected Oracle.

If all this checked out I would call Oracle support or enter an iTar after searching metalink on the 27052 error. Considering the error this is what I would expect to end up doing, but I always want to cover my bases first.

--
Mark D. Powell  -- The only advice that counts is the advice that
 you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.