8i SQLPLUS Question

From: Action Jack <mjaydms_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2000 05:41:39 GMT

I just installed Oracle 8i Personal Edition for Windows 98 using a Typical Installation.

I can open an MS-DOS window and start SQLPLUS - so far, so good.

But when I use the Start Menu and select the SQLPLUS application under Oracle-Ora81\Application Tools, a dialog box opens requesting a username, password and host string - I've tried a couple of things but nothing worked - can someone tell me what I'm missing here?

Thanks
Jack Received on Sat Dec 02 2000 - 23:41:39 CST