Re: How to return a recorset created dinamically?

From: <sybrandb_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 15:27:17 GMT

In article <9087bq$imp$1_at_talia.mad.ttd.net>,   "Nobody" <nobody_at_anyone.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone:
> I want to build a procedure.
> It must return a cursor in PL/SQL like this structure:
>
> Select a.1 as &var1,
> a.2 as &var2
> from table a
> where a.3 = &var3;
>
> Var1, var 2 and var3 are procedure parameters or variables.
>
> Does anybody know a way to do this?
> Sorry for my poor english.
> Thanks and please mail me to paloma_at_tice.es

This is by far the most asked question. As this newsgroup has archives at www.deja.com, it is surprising it is reposted at least 10 times a week.
The answer is
check out REF CURSOR in your pl/sql documentation (if you don't have it, visit http://technet.oracle.com) or buy the book on PL/SQL by Steven Feuerstein (pub O'Reilly) or visit the website of Thomas Kyte at http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte

Regards,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

All standard disclaimers apply