Re: How to determine the database free space ?

From: <sybrandb_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 15:39:08 GMT

In article <908ec0$kql$1_at_news-in.ConnActivity.com>,   "Radharani Sonnathi" <rsonnathi_at_highground.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Could anybody tell me that DBA_FREE_SPACE view is used to get the
 freespace
> in the database.But,does it include the free space in the logs also ?
> Please,if any sites are available for this information also, I would
 greatly
> appreciate that.
>
> Thanks.
>
> ---Radha

It is. Log files are not in the same category as database files. They are written sequentially so free space is completely unimportant. IMO, what you should do is try to read the Oracle Concepts Manual. If you don't have it , visit http://technet.oracle.com

Regards,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

All standard disclaimers apply