Re: nohup and sqlplus

From: <zpayne_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2000 03:55:57 GMT

In article <906j9h$qv5$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   brian_cw_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> I'm using sqlplus to run a huge job and want it
> to continue through network interruptions. This
> probably means that I should use something like:
>
> nohup sqlplus login/passwd @file
>
> where the file doesn't contain a commit statement.
>
> The problem is that I want to examine a log file
> that is spooled before I commit. Is there some
> way to maintain interactivity even if the session
> dies?
>
> If I shouldn't be using nohup, what other options
> do I have?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

I've done this by issuing my statement then asking for a variable like select &wow from dual;

then commit;

It sill spool everything to a log, then when it gets to the &wow it will wait for input, then commit after input.

Test it on a small run.

jp

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Dec 01 2000 - 21:55:57 CST