EBU patches won't install

From: Feldman Roger <qrarofe_at_era.ericsson.se>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 16:16:22 +0100

Oracle People:

                      I'm stuck using EBU backup on a Oracle 7.3 box.
I've got the EBU software installed but it can't backup the backup catalog DB.
                      error:
                      -----------
                      Starting Catalog Backup job building
                      EBU-3135: SQL error during:
                      DECLARE /* insert into OBK_CAT_BCK */ ...
                      with error:
                      ORA-01455: converting column overflows integer
datatype
                      on 01-DEC-00 15:12 [ 17847 : brsupiexc ]
                      EBU-2693: Error while creating entry in Catalog
for backup of Catalog
                      on 01-DEC-00 15:12 [ 17847 : brctcgendmp ]
                      EBU-3120: SQL error reported from Catalog Database

                      on 01-DEC-00 15:12 [ 17847 : brcjcrecat ]

                      Backup of the Catalog did not succeed

                      Other threads have pointed to the need for Y2k
patches which won't install. The following errors after running the ebu 2207 patch as ./patch.sh:
                      Why won't these generic patches install on the Sun
5.7 box ? I've seen treads where this patch has solved the original problem.
                      THANX- Roger

roger_feldman_at_hotmail.com Received on Fri Dec 01 2000 - 09:16:22 CST