Re: VB , ADO and Oracle Long Objects

From: <jocave_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 23:18:58 GMT

In article <8ts36d$q8v$1_at_kermit.esat.net>,   "Keith Jamieson" <Keith.Jamieson_at_phoenix.ie> wrote:
> I have a procedure which can have a parameter which containts either
 A CLOB
> or a BLOB datatype.
>
> The question is this: What datatype do we need to declare in Ado/VB
 in order
> to avoid the wrong number or types of parameters error.

Note that you'll need to be using Oracle's OLE DB provider (or the OLE DB-ODBC bridge with Oracle's ODBC driver) for this to work. Assuming you are doing so, you may want to look at the OLE DB and/or ODBC forums on OTN <http://otn.oracle.com> where there are numberous examples of CLOB/BLOB usage.

Justin Cave

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Nov 30 2000 - 17:18:58 CST