Re: remove a datafile.

From: Jason Seeley <me_at_127.0.0.1>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 12:17:27 +1300

Is this the only way?

I've done the same thing 8-) and was hoping I could just get rid of the offending datafile. I managed to get it offline before any data was put into it, and had hoped that removing would be as easy as it was adding it. The last time we did an export and import we had a qualified Oracle DBA come in. I cant justify the expense just to remove a datafile, and I am not to keen to attempt it myself.

if anyone knows of another way to get rid of a datafile, I would greatly appreciate your help.

Regards
Jason

Hermann Schlösser <hs_at_technologist.com> wrote in message news:90413m$cjj$06$1_at_news.t-online.com... Chris Lee wrote:

> I accidentially created an extra datafile for one of my
> tablespacess. I would like to know if there is any way I
> can remove that datafile.

Hi Chris,

you can export all objects in the tablespace in question using the export-utilitiy (Documetation in Oracle Utilities).
Then drop old Tablespace, create new tablespace and import your data.

good luck
Hermann Received on Thu Nov 30 2000 - 17:17:27 CST