Re: SSL and certificates in ORacle.

From: Ray Maas <raymond.maas_at_eglin.af.mil>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 14:50:52 -0600

What you need is a certificate server. If Oracle has one, I am not aware of it. However, if you are running any NT servers (NT4 or higher) on your network, you can install Certificate Server on your Primary Domain Controller and get your certificate from it. Certificate Server is included in Option Pack 4, which is free.

Ray Maas

"Pat Martin" <patm_at_rpk.co.nz> wrote in message news:974946571.91235_at_hermes...
> I would like to configure SSL to operate between an Oracle client and the
> Oracle Server. I have read the article on configuring SSL and have done
 so
> and have requested signing of my oracle server certificate. I would like
> know if there is any way to use Oracle software / components to sign these
> certificates rather than having to send them to a third party C.A. I have
> seen reference to such functionality in Oracle Secure Services (OSS) but
 can
> find no mention of this in version 8.1.6 or in the Advanced Security
 Option