Dynamic cursors using dbms_sql

From: Sam H <sam_at_hasc.com>
Date: 30 Nov 2000 22:59:01 GMT

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is possible or not.

Essentially I'm trying to do the following in a function:

dbms_sql.parse('open pCursor for select a, b from tableX');

pCursor is a generic reference cursor that is passed (unopened) to my function.

The reason for using dbms_sql is that the return fields can be set by the function caller.

Ex: return only a, only b, or a and b. Of course this is only an example. The real table has about 20 columns and I want to make a generic function that returns any combination of columns.

Thanks in advance.

S_at_M Received on Thu Nov 30 2000 - 16:59:01 CST