Re: thow to resolve table locks

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 07:41:18 +0100

Locks are released by issuing a commit or rollback by the session. Deadlocks are resolved automatically by Oracle. Obviously there is no command to release locks for a different session than your own, as that will affect the complete transaction. The only other way to 'resolve locks' is to kill the session (and of course review your application, as you might be escalating locks)

From the garbled output below it looks like you are using explicit table level locks as opposed to row level locks. You shouldn't do that.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA